Kaas - The Flowering plateau, Satara, Maharashtra.
Kaas is a plateau in western ghats situated near Satara city. This is just 120km from Pune by road.
The plateau is famous for the flowering season that starts at the end of the monsoon showers.
The plateau gives a feeling as such someone has spread the different colored carpets on the green floor.
The flowering season lasts just over a month and one can witness very unique flowers here and some of them are endemic.
I had got very limited time of few hours and was little late to reach. I wish to come back here, soon !!!
Equipment: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 400D, Canon 24-105mm, Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro.
1. The misty morning of kaas.
2. Impatiens oppositifolia
3. The flowerscape
4. Smithia hirsute
5. Murdannia lanuginosa
6. The tree and blossom on the ground.
7. Senecio grahami
8. Senecio grahami
9. Impatiens oppositifolia scape
10. Senecio grahami
11. neanotis lancifolia (Marathi : taraguchha)
12. Cynotis Tuberosa
13. The mating pair of Tiger Beetles.
14. Utricularia purpurascens
15. The sun was playing hide and seek our mountain range and lake.
16. Senecio grahami in BnW Scape.
17. Utricularia purpurascens.
18. Impatiens oppositifolia
19. The small lake (kaas lake) on the plateau in BnW.
20. Senecio grahami scape.
21. The kaas flowering and valley beside.
22. Impatiens oppositifolia.
24. Smithia hirsute carpet.
25. The Patches of green and pink.
Do not forget to write about how you liked them below. Thanks for the time spent here.