Jallikattu - The Bull Taming Festival of Tamilnadu
The Jallikattu Event is a Bull Taming festival celebrated across south of Tamilnadu mainly near Madurai villages.
With the onset of animal lover groups and international media, this event is normally conducted under the watchful eyes of police, veterinary and media. But, still few villages do not follow the regulations and safety for bulls and humans as well is compromised.
The event at Palaimedu was such. While at Allangnallur, it was safely conducted.
The bull tamers has to control the bull and traverse with it for some distance and leave it to grab the prize. If the no one can control the bull, the prize goes to the bull-owner.
1. It was a partial solar eclipse on the day of Jallikattu.
2. The bull before the event with its owner and his friends.
3. The crowd from the villages gather and hop onto every place possible to have a view of the event.
4. A person(one amongst enthu group) trying to tame the bull after it is released from the bull-tamers. He is not the official bull tamer though.
5. Suddenly the bull stops and take a look at the crowd and then everyone steps back. The whole crowd cheer for the daring bull here.
6. The bull is released from the bull-tamers and then the enthu people from the crowd attack the bull again, just for the sheer joy of bravery of a m oment.
7. The bull is released from the bull-tamers and then the enthu people from the crowd attack the bull again, just for the sheer joy of bravery of a m oment.
8. One person from crowd gets over enthuciastic about catching the bull for a moment. Look, how close it is to the railing from where crowd is watchi ng.
9. The angry bull just going to turn around and attack the general crowd after this torture.
10. The angry bull turns around and then run like mad through the crowd. Here you can see such a havoc. There were 2-3 deaths at this place and we a lso had a close encounter with the bull.
11. The bull running over the person from crowd when he tried to tame the angry bull.
12. The young and overly-enthu people from crowd were just hitting on the running bull making it more angry. No intention of catching the bull here, first it was just touching the bull which actually terminated into hitting it.
13. The crowd who was supposed to be behind those railings, has jumped over and stopped the free way of the bull to go out of ground.
14. The crowd was trying to get over everything possible to get a view of the bull taming happening at the start of the venue.
15a. One of the angry bull just thinking where to get the surrendered man on his horns.
15b. And its not the bull they are afraid and running off... its the police which swung into action to control this mob from getting in the way of the bulls.
Do not forget to write about how you liked them below. Thanks for the time spent here.